Pages

Monday 17 July 2017

Best of the ACW Archives ~ Let's Talk About Sex, Baby! (Part 2)

(Image courtesy of smarnad 
at FreeDigitalPhotos.net)

By Andrea Grigg

It’s almost two months since I wrote my first post on the, ahem, touchy subject of sex in Christian novels. If you haven’t read it or would like to refresh your memory, you can find it here. Thank you to everyone who commented on my question: When is realistic too much? Your thoughts were both insightful and intriguing.

Every fortnight, a group of us from a local church get together at Zarraffas (a Queensland coffee chain). These ‘Ladies of Reedy Creek’, as I’ve dubbed them, range in age from 30 to 70+, and are very accommodating when I ask them questions concerning writing. All I have to do is bring out my pen and little black notebook and they’re like meerkats on alert.

This week, I asked them what they thought about sex issues being addressed in Christian novels. (Picture a group of extremely alert meerkats). Not only were their responses unanimous (except for one who left to attend a doctor’s appointment – or so she said) but they were strongly felt.

Read more at the following link:

http://australasianchristianwriters.blogspot.com.au/2015/05/lets-talk-about-sex-baby-part-2.html


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.