Pages

Wednesday 3 January 2018

Continually Transformed

By Keona Tann


Looking back upon my walk with Christ I see that there has always been a passion to be all that I can be. Salvation is more than a ticket to heaven and a promise to try to be good, it’s actually an empowerment to be transformed. I lost my way many times and I lost sight of who I was created to be. But with a brand-new year comes a brand-new opportunity to continue the process of becoming more. There is an absolutely astounding promise found in 2 Corinthians‬ ‭3:18 that we can see and reflect the glory of the Lord. We are promised to be progressively transformed into His image, which is explained as moving from one degree of glory to even more glory. These glorious promises come from the Lord, who is the Spirit working in our lives.‬

 It’s a truly wonderful promise that declares I can be more Christ-like than I was last year, last month, last week and even improve on who I was yesterday! The failures of the past are wiped away by the amazing grace of God. The sin and shame of yesterday is forever covered by the precious blood of Jesus. Holy Spirit promises to ALWAYS be my Helper, Comforter, Advocate, Intercessor (John 14:26) and Empowerer! My walk with Jesus is one where I’ll be continually transformed.

 As I continue to press in for my restoration, I approach 2018 with a great sense of expectation and excitement. I’m starting to see strength returning to my body; I’m beginning to feel more alive than ever before; and I’m able to realize and cherish the deep work that the Lord is doing! It’s just so exciting and wonderful.

In August 2016 I really felt as if I’d never impact the world, BUT God broke through my oppression and set me onto His path of restoration. It has been a longer time frame than I imagined and a far harder journey than I had anticipated. But as I start to see the freedom that the Lord is releasing into my life, I’m so grateful for the work He has done, is doing and will continue to do. I know that I’ll be a continuous work in progress, until I’m called heavenward, but the really big issues of the past have been dealt with! That is truly wonderful. Now I can move forward into the things I’m called to do. 

This is my prayer for 2018:
May I never again become complacent and never again ‘drop my guard’.
May I endeavour every moment of my life to live in such a way that God is glorified; Jesus is honoured; and the Holy Spirit impacts those around me.
Lord I know I cannot possibly do any of this without You, completely remove self-assurance from my life and replace it with complete reliance upon You!
Lord I need You more than ever and I’m not content without You, please remove all traces of self-contentment from my life and replace it with complete contentment in You!
Lord I’m far from righteousness, it is only because of Jesus that I’m able to live in righteousness, please remove all self-righteousness from me and empower me with Your righteousness Jesus!
Lord I’m so sorry for living so blindly, for allowing my emotions to rule rather than Your truth. Please continue to do a great work in my life so that each day I live in Your glorious light and shine it for all to see!
I thank You so much that You hear the cry of my heart; you catch the tears that I weep; and You accept my meagre offerings as precious gifts.
Lord be enthroned in my praise and be glorified in all that I do from this moment in time. Be lifted high in my life. Praise You Lord! Amen.

 I pray that you can trust God with the process of continually transforming you from glory to glory. It will be extremely painful at times but hold on because the end result will be breathtaking and truly wonderful! Take a deep breath and surrender it all to God, allow Him to do a great work within you.

Know that the Holy Spirit promises to always be your Helper, Comforter, Advocate and Intercessor (John 14:26). I pray that 2018 is your best year ever! Many blessings, Keona

KEONA TANN For most of my life I struggled with sickness. The 2 dominant afflictions were endometriosis (for 28 years) and adrenal fatigue (I was severely debilitated for 28 months and the recovery has been a journey of 11 months so far).In September 2016 God declared healing over my life. This set me on a path of restoration and transformation. My passion for writing was reignighted and I wrote the following mission statement: I desire to impact the world through the words I share. I long to enrich, empower and encourage others whilst delivering my stories with empathy and understanding. “He has given me a new song to sing, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see what he has done and be amazed. They will put their trust in the LORD.” ‭‭Psalms‬ ‭40:3‬ ‭NLT‬‬ I've started a weekly blog which you can find at: https://keonajtann.wordpress.com/ I'm currently working on my testimony as well as my journey with endometriosis and adrenal fatigue. I hope that I'll launch my first book soon. Many blessings, Keona

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.