Pages

Thursday 8 February 2018

Book Review: My Heart in the Shenandoah Valley

Ausjenny | @ausjenny
My Heart in the Shenandoah Valley
Barbour Publishing
1 Sept 2017

Description

Journey into the Shenandoah Valley of 1816 where...
With Nothing Left, Lily May be Forced into a Loveless Marriage.

Captain McAlister “Mac” Albright has purchased land in the Shenandoah Valley. However, the land belongs to Lillyanna Laughlin—or so she erroneously thinks. Mac sets her straight about current laws, and despite a poor start, the two are becoming friends.

Then, while Mac is away on business, Lily is faced with the impossible decision of marrying a man twice her age or she and her brothers becoming homeless, as her late father gambled away their home and acreage. But with debts being called in, will Lily be forced to choose a loveless marriage just when she is discovering what true love could be? What can she possibly do? Will Mac return in time to spare Lily a lifetime of unhappiness?

My Review

Thanks to Netgalley for my review copy.

This book is set just after the war of 1812, we see Captain McAlister “Mac” Albright wanting a change from being a sea captain and see he has bought a parcel of land. Only issue is Lillyanna Laughlin believes she still owns the land Mac bought. Lilly and her siblings have a guardian who has sold the land. We also find out there is more to the story as it unravels.

I enjoyed the story and seeing what would happen next. It has some good secondary characters who almost steal some scenes. I love that there is mystery in the story. I am really enjoying this series. If you like Historical I am sure you will like this book.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jenny, When I was reading your review I realised I haven’t read a book from Andrea in a long time. The story premise is interesting and it sounds like a fun series. Thanks for sharing your review with us. :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.